Wednesday, December 26, 2012

I'M BACK AND DETERMINED THIS TIME.

It's truly a struggle for me to dedicate a couple minutes a day (or every couple days) to blogging. I am going to keep my tumblr only for reflection purposes as I've already written quite a bit about my pregnancy over there. However, from now on I will only be posting here. It's going to be a place to document my pregnancy progress, personal tidbits of my day to day life, recipes I love, decorating, and whatever tickles my fancy.



So here I am. I'm 24 weeks and 4 days pregnant. I can't believe we are only 16 short weeks away from meeting our son. I fall more in love with him every day. His little kicks, elbows, knees- letting me know he's alive and well... and safely on the inside of my body. It's bitter sweet to know that I can't hold him this way forever, and I'll someday have to give birth to him and let him into this vast, beautiful, sometimes dangerous world. Of course those thoughts are unrealistic and then I 'wake up' and realize how happy I will be to hold him and to see his face for the first time. I'm sure no amount of kicks and twists I feel from the inside can compare to how I am going to feel when I can hold those little feet, knees, elbows with my hands. As I write this, I find myself smiling to myself. I am happy. My life is coming together perfectly. I have always wanted to be a mama and it's actually happening. This pregnancy is the biggest surprise, blessing, positive experience of my life thus far. I can't wait to see what next year has in store. But for now, I will sit here, hand on belly, and just enjoy the moment.

No comments: