Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Favorite lipsticks


I thought today I would share some of my favorite lipsticks with you all. Most of these can be found at your local Target and a couple are a little more "high end." These are the colors that I reach for most often (besides my beloved elf matte lip color in natural! How did I forget to include it, dagnabbit?! Oh well. It might take time but I think we can move on from this.)  so in no particular order, I present my other faves at the moment!

1. Loreal Color Riche in Jennifer's nude- could this name be any more perfect?! I picked it up immediately purely because it's "my nude" then when I opened it and saw the color, I knew it was meant to be. This one is part of the privee JLo collection. I was immediately drawn to the sleek matte black packaging and the Jennifer shade was the perfect nudey mauve. It goes on smooth and is a little bit of a sheer/light formula so it wears down nicely and doesn't end up looking chalky over time which a lot of my other nudes do. Definitely a new favorite!
2. Revlon Colorburst in Soft Nude - so I think this lipstick was discontinued and I forgot to swatch but this is a true peachy nude with a smooth formula. I don't like to wear it by itself because it tends to wash you out but with a darker nude liner, it's perfect!
3. Benefit in Wild Card- Also discontinued I believe, (but if you're determined to own this color for yourself you can pay three times what it's actually worth on amazon.) I tend to go for more matte reds, which this is not, but it is a really pretty brick redish brown with a slight hint of deep rosy pink. It goes on smooth and leaves a hint of shine. I haven't worn this one in a long time but I thought I would include it because it WAS a favorite and I love Benefits lipstick tubes. So pretty, so sleek. So there.
4. NYX Matte Lipstick in MLS17 Sweet Pink- I'm obsessed with this color! Bright Barbie pinks aren't normally what I would go for but this color has the perfect hint of coolness which makes it perfect for fall and makes it seem less "neon pink." It's very matte which I love and the lasting power is amazing. Also, $5!! It doesn't get much better ladies. I can't wait to pick up more colors from this NYX matte collection.
5.Elf Matte Lip Color in Rich Red- I'm a huge fan of these Elf Matte Lip pencils (see introduction) and at $3 a piece, it just wouldn't make sense to not pick them all up! This one is a really pretty basic matte red. You can't go wrong!
6. MAC in Lady Danger- probably my favorite red that I own. Super matte and the perfect bright redish orange shade!


Of course I had to make this jumbled collage to show you what the colors look like on with the photos in no particular order including some doubles and one triple, just to confuse you all! (Sorry about that) I'll try to direct you along. Please bare with me. Top left- Loreal Color Riche in Jennifer's nude. Top middle, right, and middle left- NYX Matte Lipstick in MLS17 Sweet Pink. Middle middle- Elf Matte Lip Color in Rich Red. Middle right and bottom left- MAC Lady Danger. Bottom middle and bottom right- Benefit Wild Card. Phew! Hope that wasn't too confusing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this! & your gorgeous!